Five Ways To Start A New Income Stream From No Investment!
When first starting out in Internet Marketing, almost everyone has the same initial questions and the same desires for going from nothing to having a job replacing income online in the shortest time possible and no investment!
I hate to break it to you but there is no such thing. Meaning that no matter what you do, you will have to invest something, whether it’s time, money, hard work or all of the above, it will be an investment so you may have to figure out which combination will be right for you and your current situation. However there are things that you can do that are very minimal investments so that’s what we will focus on now.
Everyone has to start somewhere!
The fact is everyone has to start somewhere and not everyone will want to start in the same place and this is for good reason. Everyone has a different skillsets, talents and desires which will naturally make them gravitate to different things.
So what I want to do now list 5 income streams that you can start building right away with little or no investment. Let’s face it, if you have absolutely no money, you may have to get creative at first and figure out a way to be able to pay a few initial small upfront costs for things like a domain name, hosting, auto-responder account etc. depending on which methods you choose.
If you have absolutely no cash at all…
Here are some sites where you can do various tasks and get paid for them so you may want to check those out as well.
BubbleWS.com – Write posts and get paid for likes and shares
SlicethePie.com – Review music for cash
Mturk.com – Work on various random tasks people want done on your own time and get paid
Usertesting.com/be-a-user-tester – Get paid to test out peoples sites and do a thinking out loud type of review while you’re using it to let them know what’s confusing about it etc.
And now onto the 5 online income streams you can begin building right away:
1. Fiverr.com Endless Jobs – There’s a great chance you’ve heard of fiverr or even used it before but maybe you haven’t considered starting your own gig on there because you have no idea what you’d do or if it would even be worth your time.
Well it’s up to you to ultimately determine what’s worth your time, but if you’re in a pinch and you want an easy way to start making some money online and give you some skills and confidence this can be perfect!
There’s a lot of hidden value to just going for it and seeing what happens. Not only that, because there is so much traffic there, it’s a great place to hone your skills if you might want to provide services like creating web graphics, writing, web design etc. There’s really a ton of opportunity and low risk!
Ok, so what kind of jobs can you do?? Well if you already have skills then start with those. Just look around and see what people are offering. If you see something you can do then start there! You don’t need to have great skills, you just have to be able to get the job done. But if not sure, it’s ok.
Here are a few things you can do:
- Offer to do a review of someone’s product. This could be written or a short spoken video etc., whatever you prefer or the review calls for.
- A transcription service where you’ll turn audio into text. You can offer a certain amount of words for $5 and if they go over, you charge additional based on the job.
- If you have a decent voice, you can do voice overs. There are a lot of people that want to make video sales letters or content etc. but English is not their first language or they don’t like their voice, whatever the case may be. Or you may be able to translate to other languages.
- Maybe you don’t mind writing, you can easily so some quick research and write short articles for people.
- And the last thing I’ll mention is a proofreading service. You can offer to proofread and find errors in anything you’re willing to. Charge by the word and make some money!
There’s a lot you can offer so be creative and don’t worry if there is a lot of competition or none at all, just put it out there and see what happens! You can potentially take what you learn and make an IM product out of it. Many people on fiverr don’t have the IM mindset they are just trying to make a few extra bucks so there’s a good opportunity for you to take advantage of that!
2. Invisible eBay Money – In my opinion, this should be one of the first things most people consider if and when they are looking for some extra cash. I know this may seem a bit obvious but hear me out.
We all know that one man’s trash is another man’s treasure so when in a pinch, just look around and notice all the crap you have that you probably wouldn’t even notice if it’s gone. There are $ signs (or whatever currency) floating around your place I bet! Whether it’s some old books, toys, collectibles anything, you should be able to turn some kind of profit in a short amount of time right into your Paypal account!
Maybe you’re great at finding deals!
Just get in the habit of looking for deals, whether it’s someone you know trying to get rid of stuff, a sale at a store or local yard sales or flea markets. If you want to look for stuff at these places where stuff is really cheap, then try looking in the paper or Googling “local yard sales” for example and finding some places to go. If you have a phone with Internet access you can do a quick search while you’re there to see if any of the stuff being sold is worth going for! It’s never been easier than it is now thanks to technology.
Bad spelling can make you cash!
Another thing you should consider doing is looking for misspelled listings on eBay that aren’t getting many views because people can’t find them. You may have the chance to bid low and buy cheap!
Try Googling something like “eBay misspelled items” or misspelled eBay listings” etc. and see all the sites that you can type a search phrase like “Android” and it will come up with all the possible misspellings and automatically run the search for you in eBay so you can browse through the results!
If you have a sharp eye you may be able to make some steady cash like this!
Peoples laziness can get you paid!
Last, I just want to quickly mention that you can also offer to sell other peoples stuff for them for a commission. Many people are lazy and have stuff to sell but will never get around to it. If you know anyone like that, you can offer to do it for them for a part of the commission and easy money. Or if you know someone who could benefit from getting rid of some of their junk, here’s a great opportunity to get their wheels spinning and earn some extra cash helping them out!
3. IM Arbitrage Revolution – This is something you can do pretty much free and can actually make some decent money or even build a full time business around it!
In a nutshell, you just have to not mind playing the middle man in a win-win-win online transaction. It’s about finding someone that needs a service and someone that offers the service and be the go between while keeping the difference.
So an example might be that you are on the Warrior forum or elsewhere and you notice that someone is looking to have a site created for them. You can check on a freelance site and find someone that can do the job for a certain low price (usually very cheap in places like the Philippines or elsewhere in the world).
Then you can directly contact the person wanting the site and let them know that you work with highly qualified people that can get the job done and quote a price that is higher than what the freelancer is charging for it. Of course it will have to be a fair price for everyone but as long as it is than everyone wins and you make money for pretty easy work!
You’ll want to start with more simple tasks until you get the hang of it before you take on any big projects but you can certainly work your way up and even run a full time business like this, no joke!
4. Affiliate Flyer Cash – OK, so here’s an interesting one that you could do that will take a bit of actual leg work and also needs some care to be taken that no unintentional rules are broken…but this has been done to earn some easy extra money so check it out.
This can work with Clickbank products, CPA or potentially any affiliate program that matches up well. This is actually a hybrid of offline and online marketing at work here. The idea is to bring offline people to online affiliate offers and get paid when you make sales. Here are some examples.
- Match a CPA offer to a group of offline people interested. For example, a free Walmart gift card where all that is necessary is an email signup and the payout will be around $5 a lead if possible. Next you’ll want to print out some flyers for it and take them anywhere you think someone may be interested in a Walmart gift card.
I’m not sure if a Walmart parking lot is legal or not so you’ll want to read the rules of the offer well and be aware of your local laws…but anywhere it could be popular with a lot of people such a college campus etc. That’s just one small example, but hopefully you get the idea.
- Next example would be a Clickbank program of some sort that you want to try a similar strategy with. You can look online for some sort of local shows or place where people go to buy things in a certain niche. Could be anything really that has a passionate enough following to go out and buy stuff all having to do with the niche…think things like gun shows, woodworking, crafts, you name it…then find a matching Clickbank offer that seems to be making good sales.
Next you’ll do the same and print out some decent looking flyers with a URL that redirects to your CB hop link to give you commissions. All there is left to do is go and either hand the flyers out or better yet find a vendor that will be willing to do it for you!
5. WP Local Gold – This one will also take a bit of leg work but the rewards are potentially great if you’re willing to give it a try! There are some basic things you’ll need to learn first, such as how to setup WordPress sites, so you’ll have to spend some time on YouTube watching some free videos learning about it and other basic things like purchasing domain names and working with hosting accounts like Hostgator etc. It’s really not too difficult to learn and there is a ton of free info on the web to get you going in no time.
Now find people that need your skills!
You have the skills necessary, you just need to have confidence and start finding people around you that need your services. This can be local small businesses around you, fellow local entrepreneurs or others that you find ways to reach out to on the Internet etc. The best part is you can research in many ways to find leads whether it’s your local yellow pages or Craigslist.
If you want to stay online only then I recommend you also search places like Pinterest and Instagram where many hobbyists and business owners post pictures and sometimes link to their websites if they have one so you can get a lot of info. It’s a perfect opportunity to scout out some potential business online! If you come across someone that can use your help, just contact them and see what you can work out. You never know what it can turn into!
But before you contact them you will obviously checkout their websites ahead of time and see what they have going on. It’s sad but there are many very poor and neglected sites out there still, so you can easily setup a demo site with a much better looking free WP theme that is a mockup of how their site could look. You will basically use that as your selling tool. The best part of this is that you can earn a residual monthly income with this just by hosting their site and/or maintaining it for them.
You should also offer other services!
If they take you up on your offer you can also offer them other services such as SEO or social media account setup i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube etc. depending on what they have and could benefit them. And don’t worry, you don’t have to be an expert in all that, you can easily outsource most of it at places like fiverr.com to get the accounts setup and to get them going.
OK, so that’s it for now hope some of this has got your wheels spinning if you’re still searching for ways to get started online! If you find yourself being hesitant to get going because you’re feeling uneasy, that’s perfectly normal. Just ask yourself what’s the worst that can happen and realize there really isn’t anything to be scared of and get going!
Thanks for reading and please feel free to comment and share your ideas as well!
All the best,